“Andrew Challoner is a professional musician and an experienced, friendly and patient teacher. He connects with each student and provides lessons that are relevant, creative and fun!”
Andrew’s music tuition includes:
- 1st lesson free!
- Friendly and patient teacher
- All ages and abilities
- All styles of music
- 5 Star Reviews on Google
- Creative Kids vouchers accepted
- Individually tailored lessons to suit each student’s needs, ability and learning style.
- Tuition for students in their school bands such as training band, performance band, stage band, jazz band, rock band, concert band and orchestra.
- Tuition for students doing their HSC music course: performance and theory.
- Tuition for students in their church worship teams
- Tuition for students in original bands and for songwriters creating their own basslines.
- Opportunities to do music grades such as the Rock School Program which is run through the Australian Music Education Board (AMEB)
- Opportunities to use your music tuition as a “creative skill” in the Duke of Edinborough Award.
- Opportunities to use professional music gear such as recording equipment, loop pedals, drum machines, a range of basses and effects.
- Lessons topics include technique, reading music, improvising, scales and arpeggios, slap, pick playing, song writing, listening skills, theory, band skills, repertoire, performance and much more.
- Safe environment in a professional home studio with easy parking. Parents are welcome to sit in on lessons.
- High retention rate of students.
- Available for band workshops and band camps.
- Gift vouchers available for friends and family.
- Online lessons available via Zoom.
- Can also teach acoustic and electric guitar.
- Advanced Diploma in Creative Arts majoring in Music
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment
- Professional Musician, performing 125 gigs a year and recording in professional studios.
Andrew teaches Monday to Friday, mornings, afternoons and evenings from a private music studio in Terrey Hills. and covers the following areas: Allambie Heights, Avalon, Balgowlah, Bayview, Beacon Hill, Belrose, Cromer, Curl Curl, Davidson, Dee Why, Duffy’s Forest, Elanora, Forestville, Frenches Forest, Gordon, Ingleside, Killara, Killarney Heights, Lindfield, Manly, Mona Vale, Narrabeen, Newport, Oxford Falls, Pymble, Roseville, Seaforth, St Ives, Terrey Hills, Turramurra, Warriewood, and Wheeler Heights.
What is a Bass ?
What is a bass guitar and how does it differ from a “normal” guitar ?
Please click through to read:
“The Beginners and Parents Guide to Bass Guitar.”
If you’ve never played an instrument before or don’t know what a bass guitar is or it’s role, then this guide is for you.
Please feel free to contact Andrew for advice and tips on buying a bass guitar, particularly if you are a beginner.
Andrew has provided tuition services to the following schools, colleges and band camps:
St Pauls College, Manly
Beaumont Rd Public School, Killarra
Avalon Public School
Bigola Plateau Public School
Collaroy Plateau Primary School
Northern Beaches Christian School
St Rose Catholic Primary School
Narrabeen Lakes Public School
School Band Camps:
Oxford Falls Grammar School
Mona Vale Primary School
Belrose Primary School
Frenches Forest Public School
Mimosa Public School Davidson
Elanora Heights Public School
Forestville Public School
Mowbray Public School
Music Tuition Schools:
Jo’s Workshop, Mona Vale
Dreadnought Music School
C3 College: teaching Ensemble Classes, Style Study, Arranging, Melody, Harmony, Songwriting, Aural And Theory, Sibelius