“Andrew has vast experience as a professional bass player. He easily fits into any musical situation covering all styles and repertoire. Above all, he makes it groove!”
Andrew Challoner is a professional bass player in Sydney, Australia. He currently performs gigs with iconic party band Jellybean Jam and Planet Groove. Andrew also regularly plays bass, acoustic or electric guitar at his church Mona Vale Christian Life Centre with the Worship Team.
Andrew works as a session bass player and is keen to gig as much as possible. He loves to play a variety of music (originals or covers) with different musicians and singers. Andrew is available for corporate functions, weddings, pubs, clubs, duos, EP launches, showcases, festivals and instrumental gigs.
The list of bands and artists that Andrew has played with range from Assyrian dance-rock world band Azadoota, to the Queen tribute show “We Are The Champions”, to instrumental fusion guitarist “Danny John Trio”, through to gigs with various singers and artists from the Voice, and Australia Idol. See below for more artists that Andrew has played with, as well as some live audio, testimonials and highlights.
As a professional bass player Andrew will fit easily into any musical situation. Here is what Andrew brings to the gig:
- Always reliable and on time.
- Dresses appropriately to suit the style of the gig.
- Experienced in all styles such as rock, pop, soul, r n’ b, jazz, funk, blues, disco, punk, reggae, latin, Christian, world music and more.
- Always prepared and learns all the songs beforehand. Has a large repertoire, can transpose to any key and understands the Nashville numbering system.
- Sight reads notation or chord charts at the gig if necessary and also learns music from memory.
- Professional gear that is quick and easy to set up. Brings a variety of basses and pedals to create any kind of bass tones.
- Has a loop pedalboard, percussion and beats perfect for duo gigs.
- Plays at an appropriate volume but can rock out and perform to suit the gig.
- Happy to improvise and solo.
- Can do a rehearsal beforehand if required.
- Performed with Jellybean Jam in Singapore for the Austcham Ball in 2014, 2015 , 2016 , 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- New Year’s Eve in Singapore 2016.
- Gigs in Macau, New Zealand, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast and all over NSW
- Performed with Planet Groove at Hamilton Island on over 8 occasions including Race Week and Outrigger events
- 2015 Netball World Cup Closing Party.
- Performs 125 Gigs a Year
Andrew has performed live with the following artists, singers and bands:
Christian Life Centre
Danni Da Ros
Danny John Trio
Duck n Cover
Elvis in Concert
Mark Da Costa
Matchbox Twenty Show
One Hit Wonders
We Are The Champions